We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The veal muscle is cleaned well of the skins, washed, then cut into thin slices, 0.5 cm. The slices are then cut into thin strips. Put a teaspoon of oil in a Teflon pan and then pull the sliced muscle until it softens. Stir from time to time and after letting the juice drop, let it simmer. Add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable soup, salt, pepper. When all the juice has dropped, remove the meat in a bowl and keep warm.
The mushrooms are cleaned, washed, cut in half and then sliced. Put them to simmer in the pan in which I prepared the veal, season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not add oil or soup, the mushrooms will leave enough juice and will suffocate very quickly.
When the liquid from the mushrooms has dropped by half, add the thin cream with 2-3 tablespoons of soup (or water) and continue to boil over medium heat. Then add the mustard and finally the veal. Leave it on the fire until all the liquid in the pan drops and the flavors blend well.
Meanwhile, boil the washed rice in boiling salted water. After it has boiled, strain it, season it and add a teaspoon of butter.
Serve hot with boiled basmati rice.
PeSe: I said above that there are 4 portions, I ate one and Catalin 3 :)
Stroganoff in the rice nest is a delicious recipe.
Wash the rice, boil it in water with a little oil, peppercorns, a little tarragon, thyme and delicately to taste. Boil until the grain blooms.
Cut the meat into strips, sprinkle with ground and delicate pepper and add to the flour, then fry for 5 minutes, add julienned onions, spices to taste and water, boil for 20 minutes.
Add the drained mushrooms, mustard mixed with sour cream, sliced cucumbers and broth. Boil everything for 20 minutes.
From the boiled rice we form small nests, inside which we place portions of stroganoff.
Stroganoff in rice nest is served hot. Good appetite!
Calve Spain pan from Kitchen Shop would be useful for me to prepare the recipe!
Basmati rice for babies | 6 RECIPE ideas with rice
Along with wheat, rice is an extremely well-known food and can be used all over the world. It is easy to find, easy to prepare and quick to digest. Rice can be introduced into the diversifying diet of a baby from 4-5 months, but our advice is to postpone the whole process of diversification until the age of 6 months.
When you start diversifying your baby's diet, experts recommend introducing rice grains. This is because, first of all, rice is a safe cereal that does not cause allergies. It is estimated that rice currently feeds thousands more than half the globe, with consumption of this grain doubling in the last three decades. If you have been wondering which of the types of rice on the market is better, we can tell you that all kinds of rice are healthy and can be eaten as often as possible, in a varied diet. It is a tasty alternative to potatoes and pasta, and goes very well with vegetables, fruits and sauces that increase its flavor.
Basmati rice is the best choice for babies
Being the tastiest of all types of rice, basmati rice becomes the most suitable choice for the baby's first meals after the age of 6 months. Its aroma and taste are reminiscent of the aroma of a walnut, which makes it extremely attractive even on its own, without other "accessories" of vegetables or fruits on the plate.
Basmati rice is a unique species of rice native to Pakistan and India. In the language of the locals, bass means flavor, and mati – full of, which together would translate into full of flavor. It has a unique smell, which is due to a substance called 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, which is found in basmati rice in large quantities. 12 times more than in other types of rice, to give you an idea.
It comes in two types, white and brown, but either of these two, compared to other varieties of white or brown rice, are fuller of fiber and obviously healthier.
Basmati rice contains carbohydrates, protein (3 grams / serving), fiber, vitamins and minerals and less fat. Most of the fat content, which is very minimal, is located in the rice germ, which is lost during the processing. Compared to other varieties, basmati rice brings a low calorie intake if consumed, being a food low in fat and cholesterol.
The protein in basmati rice contains eight essential amino acids, and when we talk about vitamins, we are actually describing a real treasure: thiamine (B1) and niacin (B3), two very valuable B vitamins for metabolism, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid and biotin, vitamin E and vitamin K.
3 tips for preparing rice
- Wash the rice well in some water and let it soak for 30 minutes before boiling is a process by which we remove the excess starch and dilate the grain to boil better.
- Put it to boil in cold water, without salt, which I add at the end, when the rice is cooked, this is because the salt only speeds up the cooking process, without obtaining the quality we want from the rice.
- The right proportion is 1 cup of rice to 3 cups of water.
6 recipes with basmati rice
Every rice to the right food
There is a great diversity of rice in trade. To use each one in the food that ennobles it, you need to know a few things:
Long grain rice is the most popular of all because it can be used in a wide variety of dishes. During cooking, the berries separate, making it good-looking and tasty.
Round grain rice has a creamy texture and contains a large amount of starch. It is suitable for rice with milk, pilaf, for sarmale and meatballs, but also as a risotto.
Basmati rice is the most flavorful type of rice you can cook and comes in two variants, white and brown. It has a long and thin grain, and they are not missing during preparation, remaining dry. This makes it suitable for salads or garnishes next to steaks.
Wild rice is dark in color and has a harder texture, which means that it requires a longer cooking time (45-60 minutes). Even when cooked, it retains a crunchy texture, which makes it perfect in combination with other types of rice or as fillings or in salads.
Pre-cooked rice is slightly yellowish because it has been subjected to a water vapor treatment and a quick boil. It is suitable in paella, pilafuri and garnishes.
Chicken rice soup (from 6 months)
- ¾ cup of basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 chopped leek (white part only)
- ½ small celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 parsley root
- 1 diced chicken breast
- 1 chicken back
Method of preparation:
- Put the rice to boil in a cup and a half of water.
- In another pot, boil the chicken breast and back, frothing whenever needed.
- When the water in which the rice boils boils, turn on the low heat and cover the pot until the rice grain is sure to boil. Then take it off the fire.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and sauté the diced onions, leeks and celery until soft.
- Then add the carrot, parsley and pepper and leave for a few more minutes.
- Extinguish the vegetables from the pan with the meat juice from the other pot, add thyme and then let it boil in that juice for about 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked and drained rice over them, as well as the meat and meat juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another two minutes.
For babies: no need to add salt.
Conservation: Chicken rice soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and if it remains and you want to keep it, it can be frozen for a maximum of 2 months.
Basmati rice with cheese and cream (from 12 months and for the whole family)
- ½ cup of basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 6 cubes of frozen spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 100 g grated cheese (grana padano, cheese, emmental, cheddar, parmesan)
Method of preparation:
- Moisturize the rice overnight, then rinse in a little water.
- Finely chop the onion and spinach after thawing.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the onion, adding a little water. You don't want to burn onions, you just want to soften them, don't you?
- When the onion is soft, add the washed rice and the 2 cups of water and chew if necessary while boiling.
- When the rice has absorbed all the water and is boiled, take it off the heat, add the spinach, cream and grated cheese and mix. Then put it on the fire for another minute, until the cheese melts and it's ready!
For adults: It may take a little more salt, but for the baby, especially if the cheese used is Parmesan, there is no need!
Basmati rice with pumpkin (from 7 months)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup of boiled pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger (optional)
- 3 cardamom pods
Method of preparation:
- Heat the oil in the pan, then put the washed and soaked rice for 30 minutes, and leave it until it absorbs the oil.
- Put the 4 cups of water, add the cardamom pods, ginger and cinnamon and bring to the boil.
- Then simmer, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary.
- When the rice is cooked, take it off the heat, remove the cardamom pods and large pieces of ginger and add the boiled pumpkin, passing it with a fork.
For babies: pass the whole mixture well and possibly add water to bring the food to the desired consistency before serving it to the baby.
Conservation: you can keep this food for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Basmati rice with peas and turmeric (from 7 months)
- 80 grams of basmati rice
- an oil stop
- 250 ml of water or clear vegetable soup
Method of preparation:
- Rinse the rice in a little water, then put it in a pot to boil in water and add a drizzle of oil.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- After boiling, stir, cover and reduce the heat, letting it boil for another 10 minutes or until all the water has drained into the grains.
For an extra taste: add a turmeric powder (the rice will turn golden yellow) and add a handful of frozen peas while the rice boils in the pot. It will be a real color attraction on the plate, but also a very healthy food for the whole family.
Basmati rice with mango sauce (from 6 months)
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 well-cooked mango
Method of preparation
- Wash the rice well and let it soak overnight.
- Then put it to boil in 3 cups of water, over medium heat, chewing from time to time, until the rice is cooked or has absorbed all the water.
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes.
- After the rice is cooked and cooled, mix it with the mango puree and serve.
Basmati rice meatballs (after 1 year)
- 250 grams of boiled rice
- 50 g of race parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 10 cheese cubes
- extra virgin olive oil
Method of preparation:
- Mix the boiled rice with 1 egg, grated Parmesan cheese and spices.
- Shape the rice meatballs, placing a cheese cube in the middle of each one.
- Then put them in the egg and breadcrumbs and fry them in hot oil or in the oven.
Stroganoff beef - the original recipe
Of all the beef recipes, Stroganoff is one of the most appreciated and tasty. And rightly so! This recipe dates back to the late 1800s and has at least one interesting story.
A chef won a cooking contest in Russia with this beef recipe. The one who consecrated it was the personal chef of Count Pavel Stroganoff, hence the name of the recipe that has remained the same until today.
There are several ways to make Stroganoff beef, a lot of recipes have appeared along the way. The principle is the same, except that the ingredients are slightly different. For example, some recipes do not contain mustard, others do not contain tomato sauce, etc. Today we present you a complete, delicious recipe that is worth trying at least once.
- 450 g of beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 60 ml brandy
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 300 ml beef soup
- 1 onion
- 200 g mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 220 g cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Peel the meat and cut it into thin strips. Season with salt, pepper and sprinkle flour over the meat. Heat the oil and half of the butter in a pan over high heat. When they have melted, add the pieces of beef and cook for a few minutes.
Pour the brandy and leave until the alcohol evaporates. Remove the meat from the pan and add the finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the meat to the bowl again, pour in the soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the meat has become tender.
Mix the cream with the paprika, tomato paste, mustard, worcestershire sauce and put a few tablespoons of the liquid in the pan to bring to the same temperature.
Pour into the pan and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve with rice, puree, pasta, natural potatoes or any other garnish you like.
It's not a great philosophy to cook basmati rice, but there are a few things I've learned that are good to keep in mind.
Regardless of the cooking method, basmati rice boils quickly, is tasty and equally good-looking if cooked correctly. It should come out airy and non-sticky.
The first step is to wash the rice. Either in more water or directly in a strainer under running water. In this way, some of the starch is removed, and the rice will be loose and will not stick.
The second step is to soak the rice for 20-30 minutes. The purpose is also to discharge from the starch, but also to absorb water, the cooking being faster and more uniform later.
Depending on the time, but also on the final preparation, I cook basmati rice in 2 ways:
- by absorbing water (or other liquid, chicken soup or vegetable soup, for example)
- by boiling in a large amount of water and then straining.
I use the first method, as a rule, when I serve the rice immediately, as in the recipe Chicken curry with coconut milk and basmati rice .
If, however, the rice later goes through an additional stage of cooking (on the same day or the next day), I prefer to boil it and strain it, as in the Lemon Rice recipe.
I suggest you try both methods, I leave them below.
In both recipes I used a cup of rice, ie 250 g.
1. By absorbing water (or other liquid, chicken soup or vegetable soup, for example)
- 1 cup rice (250 g)
- 1.5 cups water (2 cups water if the rice has not been soaked beforehand)
- a teaspoon of salt
- optional, any flavors you want (turmeric, curry, pepper, chili, saffron, herbs, etc.)
- optional, oil or butter
We go through the steps with washing and soaking the rice.
Put the rice in water and boil with a lid, about 10 minutes on low to medium heat. In the first 2-3 minutes we can turn on the heat until the water boils, then reduce it. We do not raise our heads during this time, we lose steam, which is important for cooking rice.
After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and leave for another 10-15 minutes, necessarily with a lid. The rice will continue to steam, thus preventing it from getting caught or burned.
After this time, uncover the bowl and mix carefully with a fork to loosen.
You can put 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter.
Or we can leave it to cool and use it further.
2. By boiling and straining
- 1 cup of basmati rice (250 g), in the pictures it is mixed with wild
- 4 l boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
As usual, we wash and soak the rice. We drain the water.
Put on the stove a 3-4 l pot of water and a tablespoon of salt.
When the water boils, drain the rice and put it in boiling water. We keep it on medium heat to the sea. It is important that the water has small boils, which will help the rice grains not to stick together or to the pot. However, we avoid the big boil, there is a risk that, towards the end, the rice grains will break.
Boil for about 10 minutes. But it is safest to taste the rice so that we know when to take it out. It is preferable to be slightly al dente.
Strain the boiled rice well.
We place it on a plate, as well stretched as possible, so that it cools down and does not retain the water produced by the steam, as would happen if we put it directly in a bowl or pot.
We can serve it immediately, mixed with a little butter or other additions of vegetables, spices, sauces or later in other recipes.
US Search Mobile Web
We appreciate your feedback on how to improve Yahoo Search. This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!
If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.
The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.
You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.
If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and / or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
Nutritional values of basmati rice:
163 grams of cooked basmati rice contain:
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 4.4 grams
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 45.6 grams
- Fiber: 0.7 grams
- Sodium: 399mg
- Folic acid: 24% of the recommended daily allowance
- Thiamine: 22% of the recommended daily allowance
- Selenium: 22% of the recommended daily allowance
- Niacin: 15% of the recommended daily allowance
- Copper: 12% of the recommended daily allowance
- Iron: 11% of the recommended daily requirement
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the recommended daily allowance
- Zinc: 7% of the recommended daily allowance
- Phosphorus: 6% of the recommended daily allowance
- Magnesium: 5% of the recommended daily allowance
Other filters about Rice
This recipe is my favorite, because I managed to taste the chicken breast. Specifically, I made a combination of.
The rice recipe with mushrooms I offer you is inspired by Asian cuisine. I love making curry rice, and if I do.
The rice grove with broccoli and carrots is a fancy and simple way to convince your child to eat broccoli, the vegetable that doesn't.
Tuna basmati rice salad is prepared very quickly and is a cocktail of vitamins and minerals: Omega 3 fatty acids from tuna.
Basmati rice with vegetables is a delicious dish that will delight your whole family, especially on fasting days.
Tuna, vegetable and rice salad is very nutritious, and can become the favorite dish of the whole family. Don't forget that you can set the tone.
Basmati rice with apricots is a perfect combination of flavors and textures, managing to transform that banal rice pilaf, so common in.